23 December 2013

Have you ever......?

Have you ever had a crazy idea, and without thinking about it, just did it?
Have you ever thrown away all your good sense, that inner voice screaming "no" at you, thrown caution to the wind, and forged ahead?
We're here to tell you right now - it's the only way to live life - like there will be no tomorrow!

Keith and I are really just a couple of average people who were looking for a way to make life as interesting as we can before we "kick the bucket". The first half of our lives - oh say, from 18 years old until about 12 years ago (you really didn't think I'd reveal my age did you?) - we did every possible thing that was expected of us.....from our parents, our respective ex-spouses, our kids, our employers....okay, so every one.


One day, we decided before the grim reaper comes to collect our bones, we were going to choose something together that we want to do.....a goal.....an adventure....a life so totally different from what we were living that we'd have to learn it as we go along. Our brainstorming gave us the Moonlight Sue.


Sue is a 1981 36' Hunter Sloop (that's a sailboat for any of you who may not know what that is - like me before Keith had me memorize it because I didn't know either). Keith scrimped and saved his paycheck as I paid for essentials with my paycheck - for almost two years. That's two years of driving long-haul team from one U.S. coast to the other U.S. coast. 


Our dream? Now don't laugh like I did when I really had to sit down and seriously think about this - to sail her wherever we decided was the coolest places to visit (by water, of course) and the best places to find that ultimate beautiful white sand and clear blue sea. I guess if one is going to follow a dream one might as well "shoot for the moon" with it.


We will talk about how we found Sue, bought her and customized her to fit the lifestyle we wanted on the water. Keith will talk about all the changes he's done to her, the work involved - the whats and whys and hows of making her our home. I'll post my pictures as we talk about where we've been and where we're going. 


So, grab your favorite sundowners and join us on this journey. It goes up. It goes down. It even goes sideways. We can't tell you whether you'll like it or not, but we can promise you that it will never be boring (at least for us!).



(Okay, so maybe we drove Peaches the dog a little crazy)